By Asif Jehangir
Come Hajis, Complete your Hajj
There is a Hadith: 'One who came to Hajj, and did not visit me has betrayed me.' AlaHazrat's famous poem exhorting the Hajis to visit Madinah after their Hajj.
1. ĥājiyO aaO shahenshāh ka rauzah dekho
2. kábah to dekh chukey kábey ka kábah dekho
3. rukn-e-shāmī sey miTee wahshat e shām e ghurbat
4. ab madīney ko chalo subĥ-e-dilāra dekho
5. aab-e-zamzam to piyaa khuub bujhāyeeN pyaaseN
6. aao juud-e-shah-e-kawsar ka bhi dariyaa dekho
7. zeyr-e-mīzaab miley khuub karam key cheeN.Tey
8. abr-e-raĥmat ka yahaaN zor barasnaa dekho
9. dhoom dekhi hai dar-e-kábah pey beytāboN kee
10. un key mushtāqoN meiN ĥasrat ka taDapna dekho
11. misl-e-parwaana phira kartey they jis shamáh key gird
12. apni us shamáh ko parwāna yahaaN kaa dekho
13. khuub aankhoN se lagaaya hai ghilaaf-e-kábah
14. qaşr-e-mahboob key pardey ka bhi jalwaa dekho
15. waaN muţeeyoN ka jigar khawf sey paani paaya
16. yaaN siyah kaaroN ka daaman pey machalna dekho
17. awwalīN khaana-e-Ĥaq ki to ziyaayeN dekhīN
18. aakhirīN bayt-e-nabiy ka bhi tajallā dekho
19. zeenat-e-kábah meiN tha laakh árūsoN ka banaaw
20. jalwa farmaa yahaN kawnayn ka duulhaa dekho
21. ayman-e-ţur ka tha rukn-e-yamāni meiN furogh
22. shúla-e-ţur yahan anjuman aaraa dekho
23. mihr-e-mādar ka mazaa deyti thi aaghosh-e-ĥaţeem
24. jin pe maaN baap fidaa yaaN karam unkaa dekho
25. árz-e-ĥājat mein rahaa kábah kafeel-ul-ĥujjāj
26. aaO ab daad rasī-e-shah-e-ţaybah dekho
27. dho chukaa zulmat-e-dil bausay-e-sang-e-aswad
28. khaak bausīy-e-madīnah ka bhi rutbaa dekho
29. kar chukī rifát-e-kábah pey nazar parwaazeN
30. Topi ab thaam key khaak-e-dar-e-waala dekho
31. be niyaazi sey wahaan kaaNmpti paayi ţāát
32. josh-e-raĥmat pey yahaaN naaz gunah ka dekho
33. jumáh-e-makkah tha íyd ahl-e-íbādat key liye
34. mujrimO! aaO yahaaN íyd-e-dushumba dekho
35. multazam sey to gale lag key nikaaley armaaN
36. adab-O-shauq ka yaaN baaham ulajhnaa dekho
37. khuub masáā meiN ba ummīd-e-şafā dauD liye
38. rah-e-janaaN ki şafaa ka bhi tamāshā dekho
39. raqs-e-bismil ki bahaareN to minaa mein dekhīN
40. dil-e-khuuN naaba fashan ka bhi taDapna dekho
41. ghaur se sun to razā kábey sey aati hai şadaa
42. meri aankhoN sey merey pyaare ka rozah dekho!
Translation and Notes:
1. O Haji, come! see the garden of the King [the mausolem of Rasulallah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam]
2. You have seen the Kábah; now see the locus of the Kábah.
3. The evening of your being a stranger ended at the Syrian Corner [Rukn-e-Shami];
4. Come, let’s go to Madīnah to see an enchanted morning.
5. You have quenched your thirst by drinking water from Zamzam;
6. Come, see the sea of generosity of the Prince of Kawthar.
7. Many droplets of grace were found under the Golden Ditch [Mīzāb]
8. Come here; see a downpour in torrents from the Clouds of Mercy.
9. You have seen an impatient crowd throng at the door of the Kábah
10. Come here; see the passion and anguish of those who yearn for him.
11. The Kábah, the lamp you circled in the manner of a firefly;
12. Come, see that light of yours [Kábah] sacrifice itself at his altar.
13. You have touched the drapes of Kábah [Ghilaf] with your eyes [in reverence];
14. Come, behold the luminous curtains that adorn the palace of the Beloved.
15. The hearts of the pious trembled with fear [of the Almighty] in Makkah;
16. Come, see the sinners throng the beloved’s place, eagerly awaiting pardon.
17. You have seen the rays of light emanating from the House of Allāh as the Haj began;
18. And as you end, come, see the beams of light radiating from the house of Rasulallah Sallallahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam.
19. The Kábah was bedecked in the splendor of a hundred thousand brides;
20. Come see, the majesty of the resting place of the Prince of the Universe!
21. The Yemeni Corner [Rukn e Yamani] appeared as the valley of Ayman in the mountains of Tur;
22. Come, see the light which irradiated the Mountain of Tur shine here.
23. The arms of the Hateem had the warmth of a mother’s lap;
24. Come here; see the benevolence of the Prince, on whose feet our parents be sacrificed.
25. The Kábah was the guarantor for the acceptance of the prayers of the Hajīs;
26. Come see, the deliverance and bounty of the Prince of Taybah
27. The darkness and evil in the hearts was washed away by kissing the Black Stone [ĥajar aswad];
28. Come see the exalted station of kissing the dust of Madīnah.
29. Your sights soared and beheld the Kábah’s summit;
30. Hold your headgear as you look at the dust of my beloved’s door.
31. Piety shivered with fear of the Sovereign’s Awe;
32. See the Sin relieved and celebrate at the deluge of Mercy.
33. The Friday in Makkah was a celebration [Eyd] of the pious worshipper;
34. O Sinners! Come celebrate the festival of Monday here.
35. Ye fulfilled your long held desires by embracing the Multazam [threshold of the door to Kábah]
36. Come, see the conflict; of both Reverence and Yearning wrestle at his threshold.
37. You ran between Şafā and Marwā in the hope of being cleansed;
38. Come, see the scene on the cleansing path that leads to the beloved’s place. ŞallAllāhu álayhi wa sallam.
39. You have seen the waltz of the writhing Bismil [the slaughtered animal] in Mina;
40. Come here; see the bleeding hearts writhe at the beloved’s doorstep.
41. Listen, Raza! Listen to the Kábah with rapt attention as it says:
42. Come, see the my beloved’s garden with my eyes